Friday, September 11, 2009

Sew simple and happy about it ;)


Guess what I found myself doing??? Sewing! Of all things this lady that lives in a nice trailer just a few spots over from me asked if I would help her with some sewing. I've used a sewing machine before with my Aunt Gaynelle, so I had some experience. She just needed me to hem a nightgown for her and fix an old curtain that she wanted put up in her kitchen. It was nice to be needed. She fixed us some lunch and we talked about her family that lives in Minnesota. They all think she needs to come back home and stay with them and be looked after all the time. We share that in common. Hell we're both grown women who can decide for ourselves, she just happens to be almost 80. Just goes to show how some things change and some stay the same.

This campground is the most comfortable and uncomfortable place I've ever stayed at. Anytime your living in a tent it pretty much sucks, but the simple living, lack of hustle, and drugs in my life make me clear and happy. I'm the youngest person here I think, everyone is so friendly which I enjoy. Thomas came by to see me last night we laid in the tent and talked about his business trip and his wife just blah, blah, blah for a while. We really are friends I guess. I told him how much I miss Jules and my daddy. Thomas likes having me so close so whenever he needs someone I'm here just waiting on him. Well at least he thinks that! I'll take off from here soon, when it's time, I'll know. He gave me $100 it feels like a million. What will I buy? Bill and I eat dinner together a lot so I don't really need food, a bus ticket is less then $100????? I just don't know. This is the freest I've ever been. Everyday I wake up with the idea that I got 24 hours to just do whatever, and that whatever hasn't been drugs!

Daddy was in a good mood today. He could tell how happy I was after I told him about the curtains I helped make today. He said I need to be doing stuff like that, crafty stuff. Miss Venus said anytime I wanted to use her sewing machine she'd let me. I'm into that!! I went on and on to daddy about the afternoon I spent with her. He wants me to come home and told him I would when I was ready. He's happy to hear I'm not smoking crack or meth. I want to be free of that, drugs ruined so much of my life I don't want them to take another second of it! I swear I'd rather sweat in a tent in Arlington, Texas with mosquitos and frogs in my ears then ever be a prostitute again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!! You are proving to yourself, that you don't have to take the easy way out. The rain has been making it very humid today. I am tired of the rain already!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!! You are proving to yourself, that you don't have to take the easy way out. The rain has been making it very humid today. I am tired of the rain already!

Mary said...

That rain has the frogs just a singing too!! I don't mind hear them! Thanks so much for your continued support, it helps!!
Your friend,
Mary